The Glycoscience Graduate School (GGS) invites applications for PhD student positions for the period 1.1.2012-31.12.2013. The student positions can be granted for a period of few months to full two years based on the need and qualifications of the applying student.
The positions, provided by the Ministry of Education, are open for applicants with a Master´s level degree in medicine, biology, biologically orientated physics, biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology or other suitable field to support full-time thesis project research. The salary of the doctoral students will be based on the salary system of Finnish universities. Applicants must work or start working in groups affiliated with GGS by 1.1.2012.
Application forms with the following appendices shall be sent to the GGS by email as a single PDF file. The signed application form must also be mailed to the coordinators by post.
1. Free-form application letter
2. Application form
3. Research plan where the state of the thesis is described. When thesis is composed of independent papers, their state (published, submitted, manuscript in preparation, work in progress, experiments in planning) must be indicated.
5. List of publications
6. All other documents relating to the postgraduate studies and study achievements
7. Based on point 3, please indicate the time needed for completion of the thesis/doctoral studies
An optimal application should
- Demonstrate that the applicant is motivated and has potential to develop into an independent researcher
- Demonstrate that the applicant will significantly benefit from the program
- Contain a scientifically significant and feasible thesis project
The postal address is:
Coordinator/Niina Tohmola or Ville Parviainen
Glycoscience Graduate School
The email address is: GGSfirstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the applications is November 11th, 2011. Late or insufficient applications will not be processed. Please note that applicants not affiliated to one of the groups of GGS will not be considered.
For more information, please, contact
Coordinators Niina Tohmola or Ville Parviainen (tel. 09 191 26583, email: GGSemail@example.com).